Rate of Return
Ongoing Investment Opportunity
Tax Advantaged Income
Iron Clad Security
Optimal Asset Diversification
No Capital Erosion for RRIF Minimum
- Income for as long as you live.
- Depending on age, income is typically 7%-10% or higher.
- Reinvest any excess from annuity payments.
- Non-registered annuities provide extremely tax efficient income.
- No fluctuation of income.
- Complete and total safety.
- You don’t have to worry about multiple investments.
- Guarantee income for as long as you live.
- Provides excellent portfolio diversification.
- Increasing RRIF minimums means erosion of capital and ultimately declining income.
Interest Rates are Low
Capital is Gone
No Residual Value
- You can never time the markets.
- Income will last for the guarantee period or for life ( whichever is longer). Repayment of capital depending on options selected and how long you live. In certain circumstances, strategies are available (e.g. insured annuity) to replace capital.
- Cannot make lump sum withdrawals from contract (Income is periodic and as per the contract).
- No changes allowed once the contract is in force.
- Once the guarantee period expires there is no residual value.
Single/Joint Life Annuity
Term Certain Annuity
- Provides level income for the lifetime of one or two individuals. Guarantees can assure capital repayment.
- Provides a guaranteed tax efficient income for a selected period of time.
- For Non-registered funds, provides very tax efficient income.
- For annuitants with an illness that could reduce life expectancy. Provides a higher guaranteed lifetime income.